Monday 14 January 2008

BACK FOR A WEEK AND HEAPS OF CATCHING UP TO DO...

WARNING IT'S A BIT OF A BABBLE...

Hi ladies, how are you all... I've been off on a holiday for the last week to lovely Toowoon Bay at the Central Coast of NSW just fabulous. I did miss my late night travels around the world to everyone's blogs, but I had a fantastic time.

Now to catch up I hope everyone had a great NEW YEARS EVE, mine started out great we had a BBQ/birthday at my sister's place. Yes I turned the big 38 and boy do I feel it, anyway all was great lots of family, food and fun. We actually got the happy birthday in before midnight for the first time in the last few years and the kids all enjoyed the sparklers and party poppers after the big countdown.

I was minding my nephew for the night and returned home at about 1.30am to find my daughters friend who was at a party with Alice and some of her other friends at my house with two boys that I had never seen before, they had come back early as she had Alice's keys, anyway they promptly left and I just had a bad feeling about them and after a quick look around realised that my sons new playstation was not where it usually was. He was staying at my sisters for the night so I quickly rang him to check and as suspected it was gone, we quickly jumped in the car and went looking for the boys, luckily we found them up the street and after a few choice words regarding the police they owned up to taking it and said they would show us where it was. They took us back down the street to a yard and in a little bush they pulled out Max's new playstation, phone, ipod, ipod shuffle, nintendo ds and Alice's ipod and ipod shuffle. I couldn't believe it, I had only noticed the playstation gone, but the little ........... had cleaned out my kid's rooms. Anyway after a HUGE lecture we returned home and I was just in total shock, I couldn't sleep for a couple of nights but now I have come to the conclusion that it has to be my bad and good luck for the year "hopefully". I think we were SOOOOOO LUCKY to get it all back...

Anyway on to the holiday we stayed in a cabin overlooking the beach with a fantastic view and a great verandah to just sit back and relax it even has it's own bbq built in with a sink attached, when you stood at the front door it felt like you were on a boat all you could see was water all around. We went with my sister Sonia and her husband Serg and their son Michael, my other sister Julie and her kids came up for a couple of days and even mum and dad came for a day as it's only about an hour and a half from where we live a great time was had by all, fishing, playing cricket, swimming, sunbaking and just kicking back, mostly kicking back for me....

This is the view from our verandah...




This is the view from my bed...

I even took one of my Gail prints...

This is where I kicked back everyday...

Assorted pics...
Mum having a snooze (she was only resting her eyes) and thats my sister Julie trying not to have her photo taken she's like me I hate having my photo taken, Sonia and Serg cooking a bbq, Alice and Max fighting over the remote, my room, Sonia and Jess kicking back in my spot, Max and Michael box heading, Max playing guitar hero, the boys playing beach cricket and Alice doing what she does best... sleeping. And the last pic is what it looked like the day we arrived YUCKY luckily everyday after was absolutely lovely....
(CLICK ON PHOTO TO ENLARGE)


I'm back for a week and then we go camping for 10 days at Anna Bay which is a lovely spot a bit further up the coast and yes I did say camping, We go with both my sisters and their husbands and all the kids, my daughter is also taking 3 of her girlfriends this year (scary) We are very spoilt campers though; we have ensuite sites which have their own bathroom and we take fridges, electrical appliances and just about everything but the kitchen sink. The kids love the camping it always brings great memories...

I will spend the next few days catching up on everyone's blogs and can't wait to see what all of you creative ladies have been up to, I've still got a list as long as my arm of things I want to get done at home but they will have to wait till the next holidays...

Have a great day.....

9 comments:

Gail McCormack said...

Welcome back Sharon, I'm extremley jealous of your holiday, it is beautiful along any of the NSW coast, my brother has holiday units in Scotts Head, a lot further up but still so similar. How horrifying about the New Years Eve episode, the first thing that came to my mind was that Alice and her friends were OK....scarey!! Woops forgot to say Happy Birthday!! 38 is young! from what I could see of you in the photo you don't look 38
Have a wonderful time camping, it's always fun when you go with a big group

Kerryanne @ Shabby Art Boutique said...

Hi Sharon,
WOW......what a lot of excitement you have had. I think you deserved the holiday break after the birthday celebrations, New Years Eve and the unfortunate episode with those little 'thugs'.

Hope your camping trip is fabulous.
Happy New Year,
Kerryanne

Kingswood Food and Craft Market said...

Hiya Sharon,

Boy that was a lot of news!
firstly HAPPY BIRTHDAY !

Second of all..those little *@***** pinching all those things! The nerve of some people ! Rotten sods. Im so glad you got it all back.

Your holiday looks and sounds like you all had a ball. You had an awesome view.

Hugs,
Shann xo

Katrina Chambers said...

Hi Sharon, thanks for popping over to my blog. Looks like you had a great holiday! My husband is very impressed with your camping style! Hope you have a great time. Hope to also see some photos upon your return!

Chat soon..

PS. Happy Belated Birthday :)

Alison Gibbs said...

HI Sharon, thanks for stopping by my blog. Don't know how I haven't visited you before. The cake dome is a Robert Gordon.
OMG I hope your niece got a good talking to! Bringing strangers into your house. They don't realise the danger they put themselves into let alone what they actually had the cheek to do.
Look forward to visiting again. Enjoy your camping trip.
Alison
Oops happy Birthday.

Pineapple Villa said...

Hi Sharon love your holiday snaps and like how you took one of Gail's works ! Not good news about those bad boys,,,heres hoping they stay far away! Mel xxx

COLLS GARDEN said...

Hi Sharon, popped on over from Shann's blog. Glad you enjoyed Toowoon Bay, my family used to holiday near there every year when I was a kid. We adored it. It's a lot busier now though. How lucky you were to get all that "stuff" back, rotten little .......!! Thanks heavens the girls were ok though. Enjoy your camping trip, hope the weather is fine for you.
Cheers, Coll :-}

COLLS GARDEN said...

Hi Sharon, just had to pop back & tell you that your verandah looks gorgeous. What a beautiful place to relax. Love the Chrissie trees.
Coll :-}

Siobhan said...

Happy Birthday Sharron!!! I bit late but better late than never :)

Sounds like you had a lovely time away!

Siobhan xo