Wednesday 27 February 2008

HAPPY AND SAD...


Hi guys, I just thought I would let you all know that my 14 year old son Max just got his first job at McDonalds he starts next Tuesday... It's happy and exciting news but also quite sad, I can't believe my baby will be working he has grown so much in the last year.

And my daughter Alice who recently turned 16 got her Learner's permit and had her first driving lesson, with her Dad of course 'too scary for me' in my car though... Alice has been working at McDonalds for a year and a half and it has been really good for her, not the best wages but it has given her some responsibility and her own money which has been great for me too... Anyway she is driving us crazy all we hear 24/7 is "can I go for a drive" "can I drive here" "can I drive there"...

I've been collecting vintage frames for a couple of months now to make a family photo grouping, I have started painting them cream and then I am going to scan my photos and print them off in sepia or black & white not sure yet, I will see which looks better.

This is my collection so far...


I've been playing around with the layout now all I need is a spare wall to hang them on...

The lovely Mel from Mel's Rose Place was talking about collections in a previous post 'which I have only just caught up on' and it started me thinking about what I collect without even knowing it... I LUV teddy bears, I LUV Gail's paintings, I LUV throws and cushions, I LUV roses, I LUV white cane furniture and wrought iron beds, I have recently fallen in LUV with china dinner plates and tea sets that have roses on them and after looking around I noticed that I seem to have a thing for cake stands...

Here are some pics of the collections I never knew I had...


These teddy's don't always hang out like this, I just tried to get as many of them as I could in one pic...

I think I'm going to have to buy some of those lovely faux cupcakes that a few of you lovely ladies make...

I'll try and do a collage of all my gorgeous Gail goodies, I'm up to 16 prints, 1 lovely shelf, 1 letter/key holder, 1 original and I have another original and a print on the way, and I also got a cute little Gail box thing on ebay OOPS I almost forgot I managed to be the lucky winning bidder of her little cupcake original off ebay as well...

"My daughter's boyfriend Jake was sitting in my lounge room the other day and said it doesn't matter where I look I see roses" mmmm just how I like it...

Would LUV to see the collections that have snuck up on you...

PS. I went to the lovely Nikki from Chi Chi La La's today to pick up another of my ebay naughtys have a look isn't it soooooo cute...


PPS. I think I'll have to do some extra days at work...

9 comments:

Katrina Chambers said...

Hi Sharon, thanks for popping by my blog! I loved seeing all your collections. The cake stands are gorgeous and would look great filled with the faux cuppies!

In answer to your question about the feng shui, pop 3 feng shui coins (buy from ebay) in your purse and hang some from the back of the main door you use to come into your house. Never use more than 3 in a grouping, leave them tied together with the red ribbon and you may have as many groups in your house as you like eg. can have them in all of your purses and handbags ready to go if you change your handbags like me! Or you can put them on multiple doors. Just remember no more than 3 tied together!

Hope this helps!!
Katrina :)

Alison Gibbs said...

Hi Sharon Love all of your collections.
Such sweet collections of all things shabby chic.
Alison

Kerryanne @ Shabby Art Boutique said...

Hi Sharon,
I love your vintage frames. Won't they look lovely with the family photos in them.

Hugs,
Kerryanne

Gail McCormack said...

Hi Sharon, it's wonderful to collect, really inspires you to do so many things, you know like clean up a little space for a display, even go treasure hunting to add to the collection, if it gives you pleasure go for it. Your babies really are growing up, do I ever remember the driving lessons!! It is Very important to let them get all the practice they can (ehkkkk!!!)

Rosy Inspiration said...

My goodness, all those goodies! The frames are absolutely beautiful. Love your tea set too. You lucky girl, you deserve to win Gail's original, since you've bought so much from her alredy, lol! Thanks for visiting me, I just remembered I forgot to put you on my list, so would do that now straight away. And the question you asked me about my fave roses, well, all the David Austin ones are my faves, they are all good, the easiest to grow out of the ones I've got depending on what colour you're after are Gold Bunny(yellow), Perfume Perfection(mauve)and Pink Simplicity, Busy Bee (red)on Standard is really good too.

Siobhan said...

Hello Sharron,

Congrats to Max and Alice!
Your frames will look lovely...I personally prefer the sepia...goes better with the shabby chic colours.

I have a few suprises going on over my blog so drop by. xo

Siobhan xo

Peta said...

I love your frames Sharon, I have some of those myself. They look great "en masse" as you have done.
Hugs, Peta

Peta said...

I love your frames Sharon, I have some of those myself. They look great "en masse" as you have done.
Hugs, Peta

Anonymous said...

Hey Sharon, I love all your goodies. those frames wil look FAb on the wall with your loved ones's pictures inside! Your newest Gail addition looks devine!! Hmm will need to be poping over there I think!! As always love reading your blog!!
mands