Monday 17 March 2008

ABSOLUTELY AMAZING...




Hi Ladies, firstly an update on my 'Baylie Boy' he is now home from hospital and doing great... So here is the story; last Saturday week he started to throw up and had a pain in his belly, my neice took him to the doctors only to be told to rush him straight to Westmeads Children's Hospital. He was apparently born with a loop on his small intestine and as he has grown the intestine had gone into the loop and slowly closed.

The part of the intestine that was inside the loop had died and caused an obstruction. Anyway he was rushed into emergency surgery and they removed 54cm of his small intestine and his ipendics, he has a huge cut all the way across his little belly and was in an induced coma for a couple of days to help with his recovery.

They expected him to be in hospital for at least two weeks he has amazed the doctors and has just bounced back as if nothing happened. Although he is still very weak and has lost a lot of weight but he is eating solids and going to the toilet which is a great sign and he is already walking around. I wasn't able to sleep all week as we were not able to see him because he was in intensive care and it was a very worrying time for everyone.

It makes you really stop and look at the little things that you take for granted when something like this happens we could of easily lost him if he was not taken to the doctors when he was. He has been an extra brave little boy and I can't believe how resilient children are...

'ABSOLUTELY AMAZING'

Now onto my new bits...


My NEW
Gail original...




My NEW
Siobhan mosaics...

I absolutely LUV them they are really stunning and my bodgy pictures don't do them justice...


My NEW 'old' G&J Meakin Rosa vegetable tureen...



My NEW 'old' chandelier...


My NEW Gail box and Rose potpouri...

I've been trying to catch up on everyone's blogs tonight and I noticed all the wonderful Easter decorating, I've never even thought about decorating for Easter before but I definately might have to give it a try next year.

I think I've run out of time this year and I haven't even bought any Easter eggs yet...

I'm also very excited as I've had my first TAG by the lovely
Siobhan...


I have to list seven random facts about myself some weird; mmmmmm where to start.


I'll have to think about this one and make it my next post.



6 comments:

Alison Gibbs said...

Great post Sharon.
Sounds like Bailey is doing really well. I have a now 30 year old nephew that had a huge amount of his intestine taken away when he was born (he's a twin born too early)and he has virtually no side affects from the operation. He has a similar scar. That was a way to know which twin was which!
Love all your new pretties.
Have a great easter. Never too late to decorate.
Alison

Siobhan said...

Hi Sharron,
I thought I would pop by your blog to say hi and you have shocked me with the new of Baylie...the poor little thing! I have heard of this happening before and my husband has had similar opperations but it must be sooo very hard for a child to experience this so young! I am so glad to hear he is home doing well Sharon.
Love your new paintings from Gail and your mosaics look lovely in there new home :) I am so pleased you are happy!
Siobhan xoxo

Siobhan said...

Me again, I forgot to say I love the tureen and your chandelier!!! ooh la la! xoxo
p.s. I bought a chandelier yesterday too! :)

Rosy Inspiration said...

Hi, Sharon,

I'm glad Baylie is doing great, yes, kids are resilient and they seem to heal real quick.
You have sooooo many nice Gail goodies, her paintings always perk up and add to any surrounding they are in, don't they? Love the way you've arranged everything.

Gail McCormack said...

I was wondering about Bailey, glad he's OK, I can imagine how worried you must have been. Glad you like your new additions, I think you may have more of my artwork than I do! Siobhan's mosaics are the best!! Not sure if I want to get into the easter decorating...spoil sport aren't I, I've not even found room to put the Christmas decorations away. Maybe I could just decorate with chocolate then eat it when easter was over??

Anonymous said...

Sharon,
your pretties are Gorgeous!! Hmm My FAV?? I dunno I just love em all!! So great to hear that your little sweeite is feeling better!!
Mandii